TEACH US DELIGHT IN SIMPLE THINGS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A WEEKEND AT THE SEWING MACHINE

This winter I spent some time recreating a sewing room in one of the bedrooms at our house.  I had forgotten how much I love having a fabric stash, customizing a pattern, finishing simple projects with my own personal "flair," having a need and coming up with a solution.

NEED...something to contain a yoga mat between classes.

SOLUTION...simply a bag.  A mere tube with a drawstring was however, too simple.  So I spent a couple of days scratching my head and pondering, "Doesn't it make more sense to have the long edge of the bag open?  Where to carry the water bottle, keys, cell phone and towel that we take to class?"

RESULT...A somewhat Bohemian "Peace" bag for Claire.  Then a more adult version for the non-teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Just Us